Purchasing the right telephone system for your company involves some important decisions as that telephone system will be used to forge the close links between your business and your clients. Should you make a poor decision and purchase the wrong phone system, it could harm your business by impeding your communications with your clients. To purchase the right system you need to spend a little time understanding what it is you need in a telephone to find the one that best suits your needs. Here are some points to consider before buying:
- How many calls does your current system need to manage and is that a number that is likely to increase?
- Does the system that you buy need to be compatible with any existing equipment or software that you use?
- Can you make a list of special features that you would like your phone system to have?
You will also need to think about how many trunks and extensions you will need. Extensions are individual telephone lines for handsets, modems and fax machines and trunks are your company’s outside lines. There will always be a greater number of extensions than trunks. As employees place or take calls, the telephone system assigns those calls to specific trunks. You never want to have so many extensions that trunks are overloaded and callers must wait for a line to become free. If that happens your lines will always be busy and frustrated callers will stop calling back.
In all probability, you are a little unsure as to what kind of system will best suit your company’s needs. You will need to speak to a representative from a telephone company that supplies business telephone services. There are many suppliers in the market since it was liberalized, making your decision as to which company with which to speak a little harder. There are a few things you need to remember before you choose the best company for your needs:
- Is it a well established company who have a track record of providing a good service?
- Will the package that your supplier provides include all of the cables and hardware you will need?
- How much will the new system cost you in support and maintenance?
- Will training for the new system be provided and is it free or is there a fee and, if so, what will it cost?
Take the time to communicate with several suppliers. Most suppliers will offer demonstrations of their systems and features and may also be willing to negotiate on prices. You will also get a better idea of the kind of support the company will offer, should you choose to buy from them, and the company may be able to suggest options and features that will be of value to your company.
Find Out More – Business Telephone Systems UK
UNLIMITED Web-Meetings Service!
RELIABLE, AFFORDABLE WebHosting is here
Our 'flagship' All-In-One' Hosting Package