Is there a way to find out if your website has been blacklisted in search engines?
I would like to know if there is a tool out there that can tell me if I am black listed in the searchengines…especially with respect to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you have the Google tool bar installed…if the bar is gray it is one way. If you type your web adders in Google and it show no results..is another.
What Questions Should You Be Prepared To Answer When Meeting With An SEO Firm?
A friend of mine is about to sit down with a new SEO company. What questions should he be prepared to answer? I told him to be prepared to answer the following questions in case they ask.
1. What 6 specific keywords are you trying to rank for?
2. What keyword string are you trying to rank for? example: Website Design, Content Management Systems
3. How many years was your domain purchased for? How long have you owned it?
4. Is your website hosted on a linux or windows server?
5. Are you familiar with backlinks? Do you know how to build backlinks?
6. Do you have a Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer, or Bing Webmaster Center account?
7. Do you have analytics to track visitors?
8. Does your current site have a sitemap.xml or robots.txt?
9. Is your business listed on Yelp?
10. Do you have any PPC or Adword accounts live sending traffic to your website?
A good SEO firm won’t need to ask many of the questions that you listed. They’ll run a quick audit of the site before they ever even talk to your friend.
1. They can ask if there are keywords that they are trying to rank for, but a good SEO firm will do the keyword research, not expect your friend to do it. Keyword research is the SEO’s job, not the client’s.
2. See number 1.
3. 5 seconds on http://www.domaintools.com/ will answer this question.
4. Could be relevant, but definitely not a huge concern from an SEO standpoint.
5. A good SEO firm will explain any lingo they use.
6. Good question.
7. Good question.
8. It takes 5 seconds for an SEO firm to check this manually. The existence of these files is not enough. The contents of these files needs to be verified.
9. It’s good to be listed on Yelp, but that’s just one of many sites that should be linking back to the client’s site. A good SEO firm should have tools that check backlinks for them. They shouldn’t have to rely on a client’s answer.
10. Good to know, but not necessary to perform SEO.
If an SEO firm asks your friend any questions that he doesn’t know the answer to, then they should be able to explain in simple terms what they are looking for, and help him find the answers.
Has anyone here used “Scrub The Web” for SEO? Or is there a BETTER company?
I’m seriously thinking about signing up with Scrub the Web dot com for some SEO tips and they also say they can do lots of things. Here’s one that fascinates me (a line from their site):
“(X)HTML Validator™ and Correction Tool – make your Web pages error free! The first SEO inspired (X)HTML validation tool on the Internet. This tool will make every attempt possible to correct (X)HTML errors in your Web page’s (X)HTML source that can affect your search engine visibility.”
I don’t know much about .html, unfortunately, and my little do-it-yourself website has some errors in my source code, apparently…at least according to this free scan I ran on my site. It says I have 31 errors in my site! So I’m thinking OMG! You can see them here:
Could anyone that knows what they’re doing at least tell me if this is something I need to WORRY ABOUT? Everything seems to “look okay” to ME on my site… and I know for sure all the links on it are good. But are these other things listed there bad enough that you think I should do something about them? Could they themselves be hindering my ranking?
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your educated opinion…(said ahead of time to whoever answers that HAS an educated opinion! LOL!) Tell me just how educated IS your educated opinion when you answer, please.
That’s right! Blow your own horn! THANKS AGAIN!
I don’t have any personal experience with scrub, but I am an SEO consultant – http://kercommunications.com/internet-marketing/seo/
Many of the SEO tips sites do offer good advice, but they usually are steering you toward a pricey contract with them. SEO can be done DIY, but it can be very time consuming and the trial and error process can be frustrating and you would probably be better off consulting a professional. I would also recommend that you find an SEO consultant rather than going to the tips sites so you can get more personalized advice. Consultants can also seem expensive, but the return on investment is usually very good and it frees up your time to concentrate on building or improving other aspects of your business.
As far as xhtml validation goes – this is a tricky area because you do want to make sure your site is set up in a way that will not weigh down your search engine results. However, it seems to be increasingly difficult to maintain w3 compliance. Try to fix as many of the flagged items as you can but don’t lose sleep over it if you only have a few problems and they are related to features you can’t do without – like certain plugins or widgets that are not compliant, but serve an important purpose on your site. Like almost everything else related to SEO, the importance of W3C compliance is debatable. I try to err on the side of caution and keep everything xhtml valid whenever possible.
More important things to concentrate on when doing your own SEO would be the title tag, overall usability and navigation, canonical issues, sitemap.xml, heading tags (H1, H2, H3 etc), and making sure your keyword usage is just right – not “stuffed” but still using the important phrases.
Hope this helps.
Need the help in SEO………?
i have confusion while doing SEO! and few question
1. I have Smashinghub.com website, related to graphic design, photography, wordpress
2. While posting any post related to my title … should i select high ranked keywords ( in terms of volume ) or else, plz guide me, what should i do? i need proper advice. i am using google keyword tool
3. i have installed SEO plugin, so, i am putting the title , description and keywords in the box.
4. In regarding generating back links, i m doing social bookmarking…
5. Can any one tell me? any free list of directories for submission of my websites ?
any more suggestion , and recommendation please guide me
Submit in thees sites
Can anyone suggest any SEO tips?
I’ve recently pieced together a website for a dear friend of mine who has recently qualified as a baby massage teacher. I was wondering if anyone could have a look at the website and tell me what I can do to get better search engine results – if you want to take a look the site is www.blissfulbambinos.co.uk
Someone suggested to me that I add the website in Google web master tools but it doesn’t seem to be doing a lot.
I really appreciate your time. Cheers and have a merry christmas!
Looks fake? How so, may I ask?
A single or one time promotion can’t bring promotion to your site in Search engines. Only continue and genuine promotion will give more effective. Do the following promotion as one by one continuously,
* Directory Submission:
Submit your website url to good and high pr website directories
* Article Submission:
Write article about your site and distributed to article directories
* Social Bookmarking:
Bookmark your website pages to social bookmarking sites
* Social Media Promotion
Write about you website services in blogs, forums, twitter, facebook and other social media and social networking sites
* Press Release distribution
Write press release about the news and events about your site and distributed it to press release directories.
* Also you can create ebooks, documents and shared it to document sharing sites.
You can get all the above promotion directory lists by searching through internet. If you feel any difficulties you can hire a SEO company. Before hiring a company please note that they are genuine and do our job as successful Because nowadays there are lot of scam companies(single man team) saying we have 50 peoples working for past 7 years.
All the best for your website promotion. Wish you a Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
This day in history...
Powered By WPHistory